A new monument in Dubai - Dubai Frame has been named among the world's best new attractions of 2017, according to a UK-based newspaper.
The project comprises a 150-metre-high, 93-metre-wide structure built to resemble a huge picture frame, through which landmarks representing modern Dubai such as Emirates Towers and BurjKhalifa can be seen on one side, while from the other side, visitors can view older parts of the city such as Deira, Umm Harare and Karama.
The Dubai Frame - Facts
- The frame measures 150 metres high and 93 metres wide.
- The two towers are connected by a 100-square-metre bridge, which has a 25-square-metre glass panel in the middle offering a great 360 degree view.
- It was designed by award-winning architect Fernando Donis, who also designed Dubai’s Porsche Design Towers, and the Dubai Renaissance Tower.
- Exterior design of Dubai Frame is inspired from the logo of Expo 2020.
- There is a museum on the ground floor that will showcase Dubai’s transformation from fishing village to metropolis.
- It is the frame has become a major tourist destination in the city, like the BurjKhalifa and the Burj Al Arab.