Tour Time:05 Hour (Approximately)
Depart Dubai and journey to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi by modern air-conditioned vehicle. Relax in comfort on the 90-minute drive with your professional driver/guide (if option booked). On arrival, marvel at the 8th largest mosque in the world.
Spread over 30 acres, the magnificent structure took more than a decade to build and now stands as a showcase for the United Arab Emirate’s Islamic cultural heritage. Roam around the site, where up to 40,000 worshippers can be accommodated at any one time.
Marvel at priceless features, such as the huge Swarovski crystal chandeliers, floral mosaics and artifacts of gold, silver and marble. Be amazed by the gigantic carpet in the main prayer hall. Measuring 60,570 square feet and weighing 35 tons, the carpet was made in Iran and is the result of the toil of thousands of carpet weavers over 2 years!
Take stunning souvenir photos of the complex and its awe-inspiring architecture, and get a better appreciation of the vision of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the late president of the UAE and the mastermind behind the mosque. Depart Abu Dhabi and journey back to Dubai for drop off at your hotel or designated location.
Know before you go –
Women must wear long, loose clothing to ensure that their arms and legs are fully covered. Women are also required to cover their heads at all times. The supplier can provide a local abaya and scarf (long dress) if needed. Men must not reveal any flesh above their knees and their shoulders must be covered. Failure to do so will result in refused entry. Please note, no clothes are provided for men.
ABU Dhabi Grand Mosque Half Day Tour
- Discover a stunning monument to Islamic architecture at the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Marvel at impressive features, such as the marble mosaics and Swarovski chandeliers
- Get a better understanding of Islamic culture and the vision of the former president of the UAE
- Take some spectacular photos of the complex and its impressive structures
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel or other preferred location
- Transfers by clean, air-conditioned vehicle
- All admission fees for attractions mentioned in the tour description
- English-speaking driver
- Cold mineral water